POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" : Re: Group Movie Project ( was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Group Movie Project ( was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Lance Birch
Date: 12 May 1998 04:21:03
Message: <6j90qv$7ja$1@oz.aussie.org>
I wonder whether it is posible to export from the new version of the MAX
file format to POV-Ray (anyone made a converter for it yet)?  That way you
could make real characters using Character Studio, make the motion paths and
then export into POV-Ray.

The only problem is, people have to have 3D Studio MAX, and not very many
people do (price: gasp!).

I think that perhaps the idea of a magic eye thing woulsn't really work too
well, it would be too hard to co-ordinate.  The overall standard of the
product would drop because everyone would just throw stuff together.

I've seen there is a couple of people interested in music.  Obviously this
is a cool idea, once we know what we're doing, I'm sure there'll be people
(much more talented than I) to compose some music that will fit the
theme(s).

Back to the character think though, maybe we could make a kind of episode
(or movie) of figurines, like the one from the Flic elwood.flc by (wait a
second I'll check the official POV-Ray CD! Don't you love that pattern on
the CD?) Mathew Kaustinen.

I've made a similar model (it's nearly exactly the same because I have the
same model sitting on my desk in front of me right now!)

Just some thoughts anyway, keep 'em coming.

Oh, also PAL/NTSC/etc.  I don't think this'll be a problem if we render to a
high enough resolution to fit them all, the file size of all those frames
will be the problem (or maybe not...).

--
Lance Birch
Remove the smiley to e-mail.